ISSUANCE OF CAMEROONIAN MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (TRANSCRIPTION)
- No appointment for application. Those who come will not be received.
- The Embassy accepts documents and fees by postal mail only .
- In case it is a marriage between two Cameroonian: Each one has to send its own documents and fees.
- Send the set of documents and fees in a big envelope by “genkinkakitome” (registered mail for sending cash) from the Post Office.
- Application processing time: 20 to 25 opening days
After you have notified the marriage to the Japanese Authorities, send items mentioned below.
□ Checkboxes sheet for Marriage Certificate to download, tick, date and sign;
□ Marriage Certificate Application Form to download, fill and sign;
□ A handwritten request (containing names, address, email address and mobile phone number of the applicant);
□ Original of a “Kon-in-ni-kansuru-Kisaijikô-shômeisho” （婚姻に関する記載事項証明）issued at City or Ward Office you get married , or, at the Legal Bureau of Justice + its translation in French or English by a licensed translation company recommended by the Embassy (see list below);
In case the Marriage Eligibility was issued by the Embassy:
A copy of the “Publication of Banns” and/or the “Attestation for Marriage Eligibility”.
In case the Marriage Eligibility was not issued by the Embassy:
a) Original and colour copy of the Birth Certificate of each person:
- for a Japanese spouse, a Civil Status Registration (koseki tôhon戸籍謄本) + its translation;
- for a foreigner, a certified copy of Birth Certificate legalized at his/her Embassy and its translation if it is in other language;
b) A “Kon-in-ni-kansuru-Kisaijikô-shômeisho” （婚姻に関する記載事項証明）issued at the Legal Bureau of Justice (where the marriage application has been declared first before the City or Ward Office) + its translation. For details, please contact the latter.
- A new Japanese Civil Status Registration with the name of the Cameroonian spouse in the Register of his/her spouse and its translation;
- Cameroonian Birth Certificate;
- Original of the Cameroon National Identity Card (if available, even expired);
- Both sides colour copies of the Japanese Residence Card;
- Original of passport(s);
- In case the spouse is Japanese, a colour copy of a document with a picture such as passport, driving license, etc.
- A prepaid envelope Letter Pack for return, with your address already filled;
- 1 more Letter Pack for returning original documents before the issuance of the requested document (if necessary; in that case, mention it in the application letter).
TRANSLATION OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
Ask first to the Immigration if its translation in Japanese is required. In that case, send also a request for the translation and Certified True Copy of the Marriage Certificate, joining the fees if 4,000 Yen.
HOW TO SEND AND RECEIVE
- Buy a Letter Pack (blue or red) at the Post Office, as a return envelope and fill your address;
- Send to the Embassy the whole documents in a big envelope, with the return envelope mentioned above and fees included, by GENKINKAKITOME (registered mail for cash) from the Postal Office.
NANAKA TRANSLATION OFFICE
A thorough screening of all documents will be done in collaboration with competent authorities in Japan and in Cameroon, in order to verify their authenticity. Simultaneously, signatures and other information contained in the forms duly filled will be verified as well:
o from Cameroon: Birth Certificates, Passports, NIC, Judgement of all kinds, etc;
o from Japan: Residence Card, extract of Family Registry, Certificates of Acceptance of Birth / Marriage / Divorce, etc;
o from abroad: Birth Certificate or Extract of Birth according to the country of residence submitted, etc.
Should the screening process reveal any false statements or declarations, inaccurate information, falsified documents or any other irregularities, the ongoing processing of the file will be automatically halted, and the application rejected.