INFORMATION ON PASSPORT ENROLMENT FOR CAMEROONIAN RESIDENTS ABROAD (AUSTRALIA – NEW-ZEALAND )
When pre-enrolling online, the applicant who lives in Australia, New Zealand, etc (countries covered by Cameroon Embassy in Tokyo) wishing to do his/her physical enrolment at the Embassy should select “Embassy of Cameroon in Tokyo-Japan” as the location for the physical enrolment.
CONDITION FOR ENROLLMENT
No invitation letter:
Online pre-enrolment can be done at any time, but the physical enrolment will depend on the date the applicant could arrange the visit to the Embassy by his/her own means (the Embassy does not issue invitation letters), or eventually on a scheduled date the Embassy could visit these countries.
The enrolment would be possible for Cameroonian abroad only if the applicant is bearer of a valid passport more than six months (in order to apply visa to Japan) and a valid Cameroonian National ID Card. For children, NIC of parents are obligatory.
Expedition of documents:
The applicant can send all originals (except passport, colour copy of the personal data page) of documents (see the list in detail below) by EMS or DHL (FEDEX, UPS, etc).
Consular fees of 15,000 yen for the Embassy (apart from the fees paid online to Passcam) have to be send in advance. There are two options:
o It is preferably to receive in cash in Japanese Yen sent with the whole set of documents; if you prefer to send documents and pay once you are in Japan, you are advised to stay at least two weeks in total, time for you to send documents + fees for legalization, to be enrolled, and a margin of few days in case the application will be rejected.
o Nevertheless in case it is absolutely impossible to send cash, you can do a bank transfer, adding bank charge that can’t be determined in advance. So, in that case, be aware that you have to add 6,000 JPY to 8,000 JPY, depending on the amount you are sending and the rate of the day. The remaining would not be reimbursed.
On the day of physical enrolment, all originals and a receipt for payment will be remitted.
After the enrolment :
It is requested to the applicant to stay two to three days more, because in case Passcam would reject, the applicant has to be enrolled again at the Embassy. It means that your stay in Japan should be at least for one week (in case documents + fees were sent from your country of residence).
Considering all those conditions, it would easier and faster to apply in Cameroon, where the document is delivered within 48h.
- First of all, you may start the pre-enrolment and take the appointment online on the website of DGSN-PASSCAM : < https://www.passcam.cm>.
- For any kind of problem during that online pre-enrolment (payment, date of appointment, and other problems), please contact Passcam <firstname.lastname@example.org> mentnioning in your message your full name, PO number if available, your telephone number and email address , as well as a copy of that message to the Embassy viva Contact Us.
- In case PASSCAM reject your application after your physical enrolment, please contact them to <email@example.com> ; title your message just REJET/REJECTION, and, send with a CC to the Embassy.
- Before the online pre-enrolment, read the following important notice:
During the pre-enrolment, do not forget to fill email address, because at the end, they will send to you the form of pre-enrolment in PDF on your mail account.
Do fill also your reachable telephone number because the Embassy may need to contact you.
Payment options available are Visa Card, Master Card, or Mobile Money* (*Mobile Money is only available in Cameroon → some applicant living overseas are using this payment option through a relative/family member in Cameroon).
Booking an appointment
- After payment, the site will guide you to the appointment page. Choose date and time, then after booking, that will be automatically communicated to the Embassy. Then Passcam will send you a PDF that has to be forwarded by email first to the Embassy then sent by postal mail with required documents.
- In case you want to bring forward the date of appointment or reschedule, contact Passcam directly, with a CC to the Embassy, but be aware that it is not sure. And as soon as Passcam informs you the new date of appointment, please forward their message to Consular Section email.
NB: An appointment booked can be changed only ONE time by the applicant. Also, under exceptional circumstances the Embassy could apply to DGSN/AUGENTIC for a change of an appointment booked by an applicant.
Physical enrolment for children
The form of “Parental Consent”for passport application has to be sent in advance to the Embassy for legalization. Without that document, DGSN will reject.
For Cameroonian abroad, a valid National ID Card of parent is required.
Required documents and consular fees for Passport Enrolment for Cameroonian residents abroad
- Checkboxes sheet for Passport to download, to fill, date and sign;
- Colour copy of the Pre-enrolment Information Form (send also by email forwarding the PDF Passcam sent to you) ;
- Colour copy of Passport;
- Original of Birth Certificate;
- Original of NIC (National ID Card), even expired, if available;
- Both side colour copy of Residence Card issued in the country of residence;
- A proof of employment (salary payment document, company card, etc) if available;
- Fees of 15,000 yen for consular fees;
- For married women: original of the Marriage Certificate;
- For minor children:
- Cameroonian Birth Certificate; those who have not a Cameroonian Birth Certificate have to apply first that document (contact the Embassy by email);
- the form of “Parental Consent” (see attached);
- Parent’s document which will be present on the enrolment day: Copy of Passport, original of Birth Certificate, original of Residence Card, original of NIC.
- Please send ORIGINALS of documents: if not legalization is not possible.
- In case you haven’t sent required documents in advance and have just brought on the appointment day: it will be impossible for you to be enrolled because documents can’t be legalized on the same day. Therefore, you would have to take another date of appointment by email directly with the Embassy and within 10 (ten) days. Do send first an email to the Consular Section who will indicate you available date and time.
- In case you are late : you would not be accepted for enrolment and have to take another date of appointment with the Embassy within 10 (ten) days. Do send first an email to the Consular Section who will indicate you available date and time.